You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad has 14.8 gb used of 16gb how I get more storage I have 200 gb of iCloud storage. Not able to finish FulGaz rides because of low storage

IPAD has less than 1gb of storage left and I can’t finish rides on FulGaz. I have 200 gb of storage in iCloud. How can I get more storage to finish my rides?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 12:32 PM

It is impossible to increase the amount of internal storage in your iPad - as this is fixed during manufacture; what you have is fixed for the life of your device.  iCloud storage is not a substitute for local storage.

Your iPad has very limited internal storage - which is, essentially, full. You have too little free storage for your iPad to reliably operate.

If you have insufficient internal storage, you have two basic options:

• Manage the storage that you already have:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

• Replace your iPad with a model with adequate storage for your needs.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2021 12:32 PM in response to FulGaz

It is impossible to increase the amount of internal storage in your iPad - as this is fixed during manufacture; what you have is fixed for the life of your device.  iCloud storage is not a substitute for local storage.

Your iPad has very limited internal storage - which is, essentially, full. You have too little free storage for your iPad to reliably operate.

If you have insufficient internal storage, you have two basic options:

• Manage the storage that you already have:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

• Replace your iPad with a model with adequate storage for your needs.

iPad has 14.8 gb used of 16gb how I get more storage I have 200 gb of iCloud storage. Not able to finish FulGaz rides because of low storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.