You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to iOS14 my home app says “Home hub not connected”

Since iOS 14, my HomeKit automations are failing because the Home App says “Home hub not connected. To ensure automations run as expected, connect a home hub.”

My HomePod is my hub and it still has Siri control of the devices, but the automations are not functioning because of the above error.

I have signed out of iCloud and back in, (checking all devices are signed in with the same iCloud username) restarted the HomePod and my iPhone, checked all devices are up to date etc, but with no luck. How can I get my automations back? I don’t like coming back to a dark home.

HomePod

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 5:55 AM

I solved my problem by resetting my HomePod and deleting the previous incarnation of the HomePod from the Home App. (Which incidentally was showing duplicated for some reason, with both versions listed as disconnected)

I disconnected my HomePod from the power source and then after a pause, reconnected it and held my finger on the top button, waited for the three tones, and then tapped again to restart and reconfigure using the automatic prompts on my iPhone.

The previous non-functioning (HomePod) hub(s) were still listed in the Hubs And Bridges, so I deleted the HomePod from the Home and the new one when fully configured automatically became a hub and hey presto, was connected.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2021 5:55 AM in response to SravanKrA

I solved my problem by resetting my HomePod and deleting the previous incarnation of the HomePod from the Home App. (Which incidentally was showing duplicated for some reason, with both versions listed as disconnected)

I disconnected my HomePod from the power source and then after a pause, reconnected it and held my finger on the top button, waited for the three tones, and then tapped again to restart and reconfigure using the automatic prompts on my iPhone.

The previous non-functioning (HomePod) hub(s) were still listed in the Hubs And Bridges, so I deleted the HomePod from the Home and the new one when fully configured automatically became a hub and hey presto, was connected.

Since upgrading to iOS14 my home app says “Home hub not connected”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.