You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't play Prime Video on 2012 MacBook Pro. Getting "Missing Plug-in"

I can't play Prime Video on my 2012 MacBook Pro getting "Missing Plug-in" no options presented to download a plugin or otherwise resolve the issue. Please help. Thanks in advance

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 7:10 PM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2021 9:05 AM in response to Deuce_Shotton

Yosemite is the most resent version of OS X that I am allowed to load on this MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Not so. Who told you that?

The Mid 2012 13-inch non-Retina can run as high as Mac OS 10.15 "Catalina." We have two; one runs Catalina and the other Mojave. No issues. See the 10.15 Catalina Systen reqs here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP803?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

and the "About this Mac..." window from my Mid 2012 MBP happily running Mojave:

The problem with Prime is that the old versions of browsers with Yosemite may not support the current HTML5 video standards without a plug-in, but the 2012 MBP will if you simple update your OS.

You can get Mojave or Catalina here:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

If you have older versions of expensive software like MS Office or Adobe CS/CC, i strongly recommend not upgrading to Catalina 10.14 just yet. Old softwarwe won't run on Catalina. I suggest Mojave q0.14--it is friendly to older apps.

can't play Prime Video on 2012 MacBook Pro. Getting "Missing Plug-in"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.