You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi speed for iMac (mid 2011)

Hey i would like to know what the maximum wifi speed is for my iMac (mid 2011)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:33 AM

Fam32, it depends on a lot of things. The theoretical maximum is 540Mb/s but most likely closer to 300Mb/s. What sort of service is your ISP providing? How close to the wifi hotspot is your iMac? How many devices are on your wifi network? What wifi can the other devices handle? 802.11ac or ???

The questions above can all affect the actual speed you may get via wifi on your iMac.

I hope this helps.

Paul

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2021 10:33 AM in response to fam32

Fam32, it depends on a lot of things. The theoretical maximum is 540Mb/s but most likely closer to 300Mb/s. What sort of service is your ISP providing? How close to the wifi hotspot is your iMac? How many devices are on your wifi network? What wifi can the other devices handle? 802.11ac or ???

The questions above can all affect the actual speed you may get via wifi on your iMac.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Wifi speed for iMac (mid 2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.