You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse and Keyboard suddenly not working right on Boot Camp Mac Pro 2009 @ 5,1 High Sierra - Windows 10

hi all

Suddenly my keyboard will not connect via bluetooth to my mac pro when using boot camp - or if it does it will not stay connected once I restart the computer. I have to manually plug it in and delete it and reinstall it etc. to get it to work. but usually I just have to leave it plugged in the entire time.

Additionally my apple mouse v2 suddenly stopped scrolling one day shortly after the keyboard did and a couple days later I deleted to boot camp software and reinstalled it and suddenly the mouse will not right click either when using boot camp.

It's like every couple days I loose more and more features.

I'm already tried Pram Rest

I've already tried SMC reset

I've already trued uninstalling and reinstalling boot camp

It might be worth it to mention I have an apple mouse version 1 that I was using for a long while before the apple mouse 2 and now that one will say it's connected when I try to connect it - and it won't do anything (so it's basically not working at all)

It might also be worth it to add I messed with the Registry editor at some point so I could try to invert the scrolling direction on the mouse only (the aple mouse vs 1). So that was a few days before all these issues. But if there is a way to reset setting in registry editor on just the mouse that would be cool because I've made a few registry edits that I really like and don't want to loose since I can't remember what other things I've done

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 2:35 PM

Some BT devices seem to have issues with newer W10 updates. Check your Windows Update history. See MacBook Pro 2017 Apple wireless magic KB … - Apple Community as an example.

5 replies

Mar 2, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Loner T

Oh I just saw this one!

Ok so here's some info on my computer i'm not sure if it will be useful. Additionally what are your thoughts on "Free Windows registry Repair 4.2" app? I'm thinking to clear all the errors it finds in hopes my mouse and keyboard will work properly again. Side note the mouse right clicks again randomly, but still does not scroll.

Also I think I was talking to you about this issue in another question I posted?:

Mouse and Keyboard suddenly not working right on Boot Camp Mac Pro 2009 @ 5,1 High Sierra - Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.