You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I synced my iPhone 6 with my new iPhone 12, many missing songs/artists/albums - why?

I recently bought an iPhone 12 and synched it to my old iPhone 6. I discovered there is a lot of missing music. How do I get my music transferred to my iPhone12?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:18 PM

How did you "sync" your two iPhones? Did you use the Quick Start method?

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or use the syncing process described here (with or without an Apple music subscription):

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Is there anything in common with the songs that are missing? Were they all purchased? Leased with an AppleMusic subscription? Imported from a CD with a computer? Perhaps this article will help:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2021 7:18 PM in response to Scottnarli

How did you "sync" your two iPhones? Did you use the Quick Start method?

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or use the syncing process described here (with or without an Apple music subscription):

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Is there anything in common with the songs that are missing? Were they all purchased? Leased with an AppleMusic subscription? Imported from a CD with a computer? Perhaps this article will help:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

When I synced my iPhone 6 with my new iPhone 12, many missing songs/artists/albums - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.