You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus

I need help- my iPhone 11 said that it has 13 viruses and my data and contacts could be erased soon- I don’t know if this is true I have restarted the phone and I have installed a VPN what should I do ? I have deleted the app also

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 1:34 PM

All such messages are scams from criminals. Do not interact with the message or the sender. If you have downloaded an app based on the popup message m delete it. Also be certain to check that you have not subscribed to anything from the bogus app.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Sophie_122

All such messages are scams from criminals. Do not interact with the message or the sender. If you have downloaded an app based on the popup message m delete it. Also be certain to check that you have not subscribed to anything from the bogus app.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Sophie_122

Sophie_122 Said:

"Virus: I need help- my iPhone 11 said that it has 13 viruses and my data and contacts could be erased soon- I don’t know if this is true [...]It seemed as it was from Apple- I had to hit ok there was no other way out of it what should I do just leave it ?"

-------

Where to Go From Here:

Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having interacted with this scam, then consider modifying your credentials.

Mar 2, 2021 2:02 PM in response to Sophie_122

Sophie_122 Said:

"Virus: I can’t do this- there are some apps that require my email permanently and I need it for work"

-------

The Ultimate Solution:

• Use a Personal eMail & Password:

If an available option - Use a new eMail and a new password for whatever sites are your own use (i.e. Apple). With a new eMail address, no one will know it, right off the bat - So, use a password completely irrelevant to you (no names) and that you have never used before. Keeping a handwritten, hardcopy of it, and store it in a location that only you are knowledgable of and only you have access to.

• Restore form a Backup:

If you backed up your iPhone prior to this, then restore from your iPhone from the backup.

• Report this to Apple:

Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

Mar 2, 2021 1:43 PM in response to Sophie_122

Yea, the scammers count on users being fooled by their messages. While annoying, the messages will not damage the phone. The purpose of the popup message is to trick you into downloading some garbage app, or revealing personal or financial information. For future reference when seeing such messages, you can force close your browser by following the instructions below.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2021 1:52 PM in response to Sophie_122

You are welcome. No, your data, and the iPhone itself are fine. As above: the messages are scams designed to scare you. Don’t be one of their victims. If you read through the Apple article linked in my first reply, you see the many ways scammers seek to fool us.

Changing your email address is not required and will do absolutely nothing to prevent a popup message.

Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.