You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I already have subscriptions for one of the channels (like Acorn) on my iPad, can I use that to watch Acorn on Apple TV?

If I already have subscriptions for one of the channels (like Acorn) on my iPad, can I use that to watch Acorn on Apple TV?

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 4:29 PM

That depends on the method you want to watch them. If you have an Apple TV HD or 4K then look on the app store and if there is an app for Acorn download it and sign in using the same credentials as you do when you use Acorn on your iPad and it should work just fine.

5 replies

Mar 9, 2021 10:47 AM in response to fzoufaly

I initiated a subscription to Paramount+ from inside the Apple TV app.

Then you will need to watch it in the Apple TV app, on any of your devices that has the Apple TV app.

I don't know how to login from another device if that device does not support Apple TV.

You can’t — unless the originating content provider has made provisions to extend the existing subscription to their administration (and streaming bandwidth). CBS had done so the past, so maybe Paramount+ can do that too (same parent company)?

Shouldn't the subscription "stand on its own" and give me the ability to login from wherever i'd like?

Consider switching by unsubscribing and resubscribing with Paramount+ directly and using the Paramount+ app. In-app Channels are “locked in” to an ecosystem (Prime Video Channels are similar).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.