You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backup

The Backup is taking up a lot of my storage on my iCloud. What exactly is the backup option? If I take all my apps off how will that affect the use of my apps?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 6:01 PM

See the 'Choose which apps to backup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch' (and other sections) in:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

The backup doesn't actually backup the app itself, only the data that app generates (such as app login info, level within a game, etc.) Not backing up the app will not affect the performance of the app. You will just have to start from scratch within that app if you ever need to restore a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2021 6:01 PM in response to SophiaFidler

See the 'Choose which apps to backup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch' (and other sections) in:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

The backup doesn't actually backup the app itself, only the data that app generates (such as app login info, level within a game, etc.) Not backing up the app will not affect the performance of the app. You will just have to start from scratch within that app if you ever need to restore a backup.

iCloud Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.