You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email said I would get a 1 year subscription for free but then when I come here it just says 7-Days. What's up?

I just got a new MacBook and with it got emails saying that I could sign up for a free one-year subscription to AppleTV. But when I follow the links I'm shown a page that says I should sign up for a free trial that will only last seven days. What gives? It also says that I only have a few days left to sign up. I got these emails this morning.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 8:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 10:50 AM

You would need to go into the TV app on the qualifying device and claim the offer, not simply follow a link. Steps posted below for reference. The offer is valid for 3 months after device activation, once that expires then one can no longer receive the offer. If you are eligible, within the timeframe, and following the steps is not working then you will need to contact Apple support.

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2021 10:50 AM in response to David Cameron2

You would need to go into the TV app on the qualifying device and claim the offer, not simply follow a link. Steps posted below for reference. The offer is valid for 3 months after device activation, once that expires then one can no longer receive the offer. If you are eligible, within the timeframe, and following the steps is not working then you will need to contact Apple support.

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

My email said I would get a 1 year subscription for free but then when I come here it just says 7-Days. What's up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.