You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i block someone and delete their number how do I unblock the number later

If i block a number then delete it how do I unblock it

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 2:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 2:16 AM

You can delete the contact however the number will still remain in the blocklist without the name. You can go back to the block list and unblock it when you want to.

Axel F.

2 replies

Mar 6, 2021 2:13 AM in response to shannanfromdobson

To block a contact from Phone, go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap Add New. Then tap the contact that you want to block. To add a contact from Messages or FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages or Settings > FaceTime, tap Blocked Contacts. Then scroll down, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block. To add a contact from Mail, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Blocked. Scroll down, tap Add New, then enter the contact you want to block.

To unblock a phone number, contact, or email address, swipe left over the entry, then tap Unblock.

If i block someone and delete their number how do I unblock the number later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.