You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 16” MacBook Pro Complete Shutdown

I just bought this computer less than 4 months ago. It started randomly shutting off about a week or so ago and today, it shut off completely. I am quite angry with Apple as my 2011 MacBook Pro 15” lasted almost 10 years with minimal issues and this new one that was $2600 has been nothing but trouble.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 9:54 PM

Apple has a support page that may help.

If your Mac doesn't turn on:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204267

4 replies

Mar 16, 2021 12:49 AM in response to singwenow

I too face a same problem and none of the suggestions provided in apple support work ... Not sure if their hardware devices are tested enough for varying usage, temperature conditions .... This is awful for a product costing a fortune. Apple has to own this and fix this ASAP and globally, as this issue has cropped in recent days to most of the users worldwide

Not sure if the apple service center will have any clue on this and will not be surprised if they tell me to replace the board or sensors or battery or the entire laptop and charge you another fortune

Need the apple tech designers to jump in here and provide solution for users

2019 16” MacBook Pro Complete Shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.