You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone not working

My microphone doesn’t work suddenly, only records noice. Any method to fix it? Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 8:31 PM

xnyang Said:

"Thanks TheLittles! I’ve restarted twice. Still not working. I used the voice memo to test, only noises can be heard."

-------

Try this Link: If the Microphones on your iPhone aren't Working - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 6, 2021 7:17 PM in response to xnyang

xnyang Said:

"Microphone not working My microphone doesn’t work suddenly, only records noice. Any method to fix it? Thanks!"

-------

Perform a Restart:

Perhaps things need to refresh.

A. Try Force Restarting your iPhone:

Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

B. Try Manually Restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Mar 10, 2021 7:02 AM in response to xnyang

xnyang Said:

"Hi theLittles, I went to the genius bar and ran the test which showed the microphone has the issue indeed. I’ve used this iPhone 8 for more than 4 years, maybe it’s time to say goodbye. Thank you again.

———-

You are welcome.

Notes on Upgrading:

If upgrading, get one that suits your needs (i.e. having enough storage). Just know that it will take a few extra weeks just to get a phone in the mail. This is due to COVID-19, which is making Supply & Demand spike high, as of the date of this reply.

Microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.