You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Accidentally Copied a Safari Favourites Folder to the Desktop And Now It Won't Go In The Bin!

So I was innocently trying to rearrange the order of my Safari Favourites folders. I don't know if you've tried this but it is extremely hard to do! If you click and hold a folder and move it up or down it instinctively tries to place it inside another folder, not above or below it.

I was trying to get such a folder out of another and back into the regular list and when I couldn't get the motion I needed I accidentally dropped the folder on the desktop, creating a copy. But when I went to move it to the Bin, it can't do it. I just get the progress bar perpetually bouncing back and forth.

It also refuses to be moved into my Documents folder, and so it's just stuck on the Desktop staring at me.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thx

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 3:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 5:56 AM

i had encountered the exact issue last fall. the fix in my case was a simple one. first, stop the process of moving it by clicking on the "x" in your above screenshot.

then restart the mac. once you're booted up again, you should then have no difficulty dragging the folder to the trash.

Similar questions

5 replies

I Accidentally Copied a Safari Favourites Folder to the Desktop And Now It Won't Go In The Bin!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.