You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Download App

Hello

Every time I wake my MacPro, I have hundreds of Notifications with the title 'Unable to Download App'. All of these notification are for iPhone apps. Why am I receiving these on my Mac? I remember reading that iPhone apps will be usable on the Mac soon, is this why? If so, why aren't they downloading? How do I stop these notifications? It wastes so much of my time every time my Mac goes to sleep and I wake it up. I cannot use that part of my display unless I swipe each notification away.

Thank you

Cooch

Mac Pro, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:29 AM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2021 1:29 AM in response to Cooch 22

Yours is one of the longest Etrecheck reports that I have seen. I don’t see any of the known bad actors in there, but you do have dozens of system modifications and many of them are very old. It is pretty clear to me that this mac has been upgraded in place ever since 2013 and probably longer, with migration from an older mac.

It is no surprise that some old system modifications start to not behave well after so many OS versions.

You should do two full backups, erase and install and then migrate ONLY the user accounts. Install what you really need from the App Store or tge developers sites.

Unable to Download App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.