You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie IMac big sur

What is the best "how to " book for use with a IMAC IMovie that includes using photos as well as videos to make movies?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:49 AM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2021 9:59 AM in response to Linda A

It's not a book exactly, but here a link to an online Help link that has a great search feature where you can search by topic or search word:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/

Photo clips and video clips are pretty much used the same way. You add them to the timeline and then add your transitions, titles. overlays, and other effects. The main difference is that Photos have a duration (the time that the photos is displayed) whereas video clips have frames per second. So, you can change the speed of a video and the duration of a photo.

-- Rich

Mar 7, 2021 2:56 PM in response to Rich839

thank you for your response. I noticed when I went to the site the following information : Note: You can’t use Aperture or iPhoto in versions of the Mac operating system after macOS Mojave 10.14. I am in Big Sur version. That explains why I was unable to move my photos to I Movie on my computer. It further said it would be necessary to update to Photo but and gave a webpage that wasn't available. So, I'm still unable to move my photos to imovie. It will allow download of my videos however. But I like to make movies with both.

Imovie IMac big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.