You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal orientation for photos and movies stopped working

Why have horizontal orientation for the display of my photos and movies stopped working? When I view movies or photos they used to fill the width of my phones display when I turned my iPhone horizontal. Now they don’t change.

Did some setting get jacked when my phone automatically updated?

Model: iPhone 10s Max

Version: iOS 14.4

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:34 PM

Are you stating that when you turn your iPhone then the Photos/videos are not turning accordingly? IF this is the case then-

PULL DOWN from the RIGHT CORNER of your screen and that will reveal the CONTROL CENTER. Tap on the icon that looks like a Lock within a Circular Arrow and unlock the Orientation Lock. That should return the rotation function back to your iPhone. Please see the image below-

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2021 9:34 PM in response to pcgs92629

Are you stating that when you turn your iPhone then the Photos/videos are not turning accordingly? IF this is the case then-

PULL DOWN from the RIGHT CORNER of your screen and that will reveal the CONTROL CENTER. Tap on the icon that looks like a Lock within a Circular Arrow and unlock the Orientation Lock. That should return the rotation function back to your iPhone. Please see the image below-

Axel F.

Horizontal orientation for photos and movies stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.