You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help restore iPhone Backup passcode issue

Need help restoring data to iPhone 7 after updating via computer. Data was backed up but no option to enter a passcode was offered. Now I'm being asked to provide a passcode. I tried Apple ID Passcode, iPhone passcode and computer passcode. None work. Now what?

iPhone

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 10:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 10:45 AM

365inspiredart wrote:

Need help restoring data to iPhone 7 after updating via computer. Data was backed up but no option to enter a passcode was offered. Now I'm being asked to provide a passcode. I tried Apple ID Passcode, iPhone passcode and computer passcode. None work. Now what?
iPhone

Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2021 10:45 AM in response to 365inspiredart

365inspiredart wrote:

iPhone

Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community

Help restore iPhone Backup passcode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.