You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No more buy on iTunes?

Why can’t I “buy on iTunes anymore??? After years of use???

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:03 PM

Brecresderz Said:

"No more buy on iTunes?: Why can’t I “buy on iTunes anymore??? After years of use? [...]After you 'shazam' a song you can select to "buy on iTunes" No longer! It looks like you have to subscribe to apple music now? Maybe a glitch?[...]"

-------

Know the Following:

• iTunes is Not More:

It's not a glitch. For some devices, iTunes is not longer in use. Such as macOS Catalina and thereafter. The Music app is used for Music, whereas the TV app is used for TV Shows and Movies. See Here: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

• Removed from iTunes Store:

Sometimes, items are removed from the iTunes Store, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer or Studio. Moreover, it is something you would have agreed to, upon purchasing the item. That's just the way it is :(

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2021 7:03 PM in response to Brecresderz

Brecresderz Said:

"No more buy on iTunes?: Why can’t I “buy on iTunes anymore??? After years of use? [...]After you 'shazam' a song you can select to "buy on iTunes" No longer! It looks like you have to subscribe to apple music now? Maybe a glitch?[...]"

-------

Know the Following:

• iTunes is Not More:

It's not a glitch. For some devices, iTunes is not longer in use. Such as macOS Catalina and thereafter. The Music app is used for Music, whereas the TV app is used for TV Shows and Movies. See Here: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

• Removed from iTunes Store:

Sometimes, items are removed from the iTunes Store, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer or Studio. Moreover, it is something you would have agreed to, upon purchasing the item. That's just the way it is :(

Mar 9, 2021 6:23 AM in response to Rafael Scheid

I (we) know how to use it! This is what I (we - other users with same complaint!) When you tap "the three dots" It opens a list of options just like it has for years, but now the option to "buy on iTunes" is greyed out (it is still there but not active. You know it would take literally 2 minutes to try this yourself. I have had a tech "share screen" and he had no answer. Hard not to swear this is B S!

No more buy on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.