You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have deleted pictures from my phone and I want them back

Hello! I deleted some pictures from my iPhone by mistake and I would like to know if it is possible to restore them and get them back.

Ps: They are not at the "recent deleted" and they are not at the iCloud.com either.

I deleted less than 5 hours ago.

Thank you

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 5:26 PM

If they are not in the recently deleted album and if they are not in iCloud, they are gone.

The only exception would be is if you were actually backing up photos with iCloud as opposed to using iCloud Photos. If you were using iCloud Photos, which you seem to indicate when you said that the photos were not in iCloud, that leads me to believe that they aren’t included in the backup. You can’t do both - use iCloud photos and back the photos up with iCloud.

If by some chance you were actually backing the photos up with iCloud, restore the backup to recover the photos. That will only work if you backed up before the photos we’re deleted.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2021 5:26 PM in response to luana135

If they are not in the recently deleted album and if they are not in iCloud, they are gone.

The only exception would be is if you were actually backing up photos with iCloud as opposed to using iCloud Photos. If you were using iCloud Photos, which you seem to indicate when you said that the photos were not in iCloud, that leads me to believe that they aren’t included in the backup. You can’t do both - use iCloud photos and back the photos up with iCloud.

If by some chance you were actually backing the photos up with iCloud, restore the backup to recover the photos. That will only work if you backed up before the photos we’re deleted.

I have deleted pictures from my phone and I want them back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.