You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Watch internal GPS

When my iPhone is with me, it is not possible to use the apple watch internal gps? serious? even if i explizit want to becaus i carrry the phone in a pocket (cold weather conditions, comfort, ...)

thats really frustrating because the gps with an iPhone in my pocket is really bad!

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 12:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 1:35 AM

It's a battery saving measure,the watch will use the phone's GPS if it's available,that's why I leave my phone at home,much more accurate using the watch's GPS.

And I've been doing this for 5 years so I've done plenty of experiments with and without the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 10, 2021 1:35 AM in response to HeinzE_81

It's a battery saving measure,the watch will use the phone's GPS if it's available,that's why I leave my phone at home,much more accurate using the watch's GPS.

And I've been doing this for 5 years so I've done plenty of experiments with and without the phone.

Using Apple Watch internal GPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.