You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet printer issue

I have an HP printer connected by ethernet to an Asus router. After updating my router firmware, I can not longer see this printer from a Mac connected to the router by wifi. The printer does not appear in the Printers preferences add printer pane.

A Mac which is connected by ethernet can still see the printer and print without problem.

What has gone wrong?

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:59 PM

sonhouse Said:

"Ethernet printer issue: I have an HP printer connected by ethernet to an Asus router. After updating my router firmware, I can not longer see this printer from a Mac connected to the router by wifi.[...]"

-------

Restart your Devices:

Does any other device see it? If not, then go on the Printer, and see if you need to reconnect. Having updated the firmware, try power off the Router and the Printer for 30 seconds, seeing if it is now accessible. Perhaps, it all needs to resync?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 10, 2021 5:59 PM in response to sonhouse

sonhouse Said:

"Ethernet printer issue: I have an HP printer connected by ethernet to an Asus router. After updating my router firmware, I can not longer see this printer from a Mac connected to the router by wifi.[...]"

-------

Restart your Devices:

Does any other device see it? If not, then go on the Printer, and see if you need to reconnect. Having updated the firmware, try power off the Router and the Printer for 30 seconds, seeing if it is now accessible. Perhaps, it all needs to resync?

Ethernet printer issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.