You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security

I received a message supposedly from Apple that I have been hacked. How may I know if it came from Apple. It directed me to go settings. There was a clock with the message that was ticking down from 2 minutes to increase the urgency. Anyone else? Was it from Apple? Thank you.

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 7:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 7:17 PM

It was not from Apple. It was a scam email. It was, more than likely, designed to lead you to entering your Apple ID and Password and then capturing it.

Some reading for you below-

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2021 7:17 PM in response to mikewwv

It was not from Apple. It was a scam email. It was, more than likely, designed to lead you to entering your Apple ID and Password and then capturing it.

Some reading for you below-

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.