You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long do I hold the home button

How do I hold the home button for recovery mode

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 9:09 AM

Looking at that image - and the damage suffered to the iPad - it is highly unlikely that the iPad will be recoverable to an operational state.

You will need to simultaneously press-and-hold both the Top and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears - and continue to hold both buttons. When you see the Connect to iTunes prompt, you can release both buttons.

If the iPad fails to power-up and initially show the Apple logo, the iPad is dead.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2021 9:09 AM in response to Logan08fisher

Looking at that image - and the damage suffered to the iPad - it is highly unlikely that the iPad will be recoverable to an operational state.

You will need to simultaneously press-and-hold both the Top and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears - and continue to hold both buttons. When you see the Connect to iTunes prompt, you can release both buttons.

If the iPad fails to power-up and initially show the Apple logo, the iPad is dead.

How long do I hold the home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.