You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second photo library deletions

I have set up a second photo library in pictures, but when I delete a photo from that library it does not go to the bin or to recently deleted photos. Can anyone advise me where they do go, in case I make a mistake and need to recover? Thanks very much.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 5:10 AM

To delete a photo from your library while viewing an album, hold down the command key⌘ together with the delete key ⌫. The command key ⌘ will change the command "remove from album" to "delete photo". Then the photo should appear in the Recently Deleted album. It may take a few minutes b3fore this happens, if Photos is busy with other things.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2021 5:10 AM in response to Jet631

To delete a photo from your library while viewing an album, hold down the command key⌘ together with the delete key ⌫. The command key ⌘ will change the command "remove from album" to "delete photo". Then the photo should appear in the Recently Deleted album. It may take a few minutes b3fore this happens, if Photos is busy with other things.

Mar 12, 2021 6:54 AM in response to léonie

Thank you very much for this. I now realise what I've done is delete photos from folders/albums but not the library. I'd be really grateful if you could tell me if there is any way that I can find out which photos in the library are no longer in any folder and then delete from there too. I've just moved from a Windows machine to the Mac and am finding some of the operations a bit confusing.

Thanks again

Second photo library deletions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.