You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve logged on to my account using my Apple ID and it worked, so is this a bogus email?

I received an email stating that my Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. If I do not respond within 12 hours of the email my Apple ID will be suspended and I will no longer be able to access.

i immediately went to my Apple ID sign in and it was fine also tried the cloud and it was fine. Was this a bogus email sent to try to look like apple? Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact apple about it? If so what number should I call them on? Thanks so much for your help and guidance.

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 11:50 AM

It is a scam. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

That has information about reporting the email to Apple if you want to do that.

3 replies

Mar 12, 2021 12:03 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the quick response. When I went back to my emails to forward it , the email was gone. It’s crazy. Don’t know where it went. I’m going to keep my eye on it though just in case something is up. If I change my password, will it be changed for everything or do I have to go individually to each thing to change it like iCloud, App Store, iTunes etc . Thanks Janet

I’ve logged on to my account using my Apple ID and it worked, so is this a bogus email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.