You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my images

So i have an another phone associated with my Iphone XR and i wanted to clear the storage in The first one ( Iphone 7) and when i deleted all of the photos on the iphone 7 I realized that they’re also deleted on the iphone XR and the images are really important i need to recover them although i deleted them from “recently deleted “ on the IPhone 7

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:26 AM

From what you are describing, you are/were using iCloud to sync your photos.

If you removed them from the Recently Deleted album, you eliminated the only option you really had to recover them.

The only other possibility is if you made an iPhone backup that contains them at a time you weren't using iCloud photos.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 9:26 AM in response to Hamza__tayar

From what you are describing, you are/were using iCloud to sync your photos.

If you removed them from the Recently Deleted album, you eliminated the only option you really had to recover them.

The only other possibility is if you made an iPhone backup that contains them at a time you weren't using iCloud photos.

Mar 13, 2021 9:35 AM in response to Hamza__tayar

I don't think you fully understood my response.. the only way an iPhone backup would contain your photos is if you were not using iCloud photos..

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

But you must have been using iCloud photos if you deleted off one device and they were removed from the other.

Therefore, you would have had to deliberately turn off iCloud photos prior to making your iPhone backup in order for the backup to contain your photos.. and I have my doubts that you did this.

So I'm pretty sure that your photos are gone.

If you think that the backup does contain your photos, then you would need to restore your iPhone from that backup

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

I lost my images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.