You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max back facing camera vigorously shaking making sizzling noise when trying to focus

I saw another thread on this situation and everyone had one thing in common that they had the phone mounted to a motorcycle. However, I have never mounted my phone to anything or even dropped my phone when this started happening. Went to Genius Bar today and I have to go back in a few days to have the camera replaced. Will this solve the issue? Someone said it was a stabilization issue. Will replacing the camera fix the stabilization issue? Thanks in advance for any help my camera is basically useless unless I’m using the front facing camera, extremely frustrated.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 6:56 PM

If the Genius Bar suggests replacing the camera in your phone, it likely will solve the issue for you. If it doesn't, your phone is under a full year warranty, so Apple will make it right one or the other for you.

2 replies

Mar 28, 2021 4:35 AM in response to lobsterghost1

What Genius bar?

I have an Iphone 11 Pro Max and mine started shaking too, of course it is just 2 months out of warranty.

So much manufacturers do not have problem with using cellphone as navigation devices.

I was always happy with Apple products but after 1,3 years suddenly my Iphone 11 Pro Max is worth nothing anymore because Iphone's are way too delicate, thus too expensive too.

First the Iphone 12 Pro Max came out way too soon, so less value again for my version and now this. Rubbish it is.....!

iPhone 12 Pro Max back facing camera vigorously shaking making sizzling noise when trying to focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.