You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to an iPhone after it’s been blacklisted?

Long story short, I lent an old iPhone temporarily to someone as their android phone had apparently been “hacked”.

Time had passed and my loaner iPhone had never been used. I had asked for the phone back. The person just disappeared. I have tried contacting this person on numerous occasions and in different ways (text, call, messenger) to get it back, but never heard from them.

So today I contact my service provider and I decided to have the phone blacklisted.

I am now wondering what happens to the phone/line if the person eventually ended up using it or maybe even sold it?

I know that a phone that is on the blacklist can not be activated, but what of it already is activated? What happens?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:59 PM

When a network blacklists a phone it is blacklisted from accessing cellular service with any carrier that has a cooperation with that carrier.

Typically the western world

2 replies

What happens to an iPhone after it’s been blacklisted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.