You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!...Export keeps adding or removing a frame

I'll bet this has been answered before & I just can't find the solution. I have a program for broadcast that is 28min 30 sec long. When I export the project it adds a frame (28:31). If I remove a frame from the timeline it exports as 28:29. It keeps getting rejected from the broadcast inspectors. I thought it had to do with drop frame & non drop frame but nothing seems to help.

The kick in the butt is that FCP shows the program to be 28:30 & so does Quicktime at playback. The Broadcast inspectors see it as one frame too long or short. So does the media info program I used to confirm the length. I hoping someone can easily explain a remedy to get this program on the air cause the deadline is approaching fast!

I really appreciate your help in advance and again I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed before.

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 10:39 PM

You cannot get 28.30.00 using a frame rate 59.94 or 29.97. Use 30 or 60

Similar questions

3 replies

Help!...Export keeps adding or removing a frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.