You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From Mac Book Pro 2017 to Mac Book with Apple Chip M1

Hello,

Currently my company use all Mac Book Pro Laptops YEAR 2017. I heard about new Mac Laptops with the M1 Apple Chip.

I am trying to explain my management that moving forward they should start to buy the new Mac Laptop with the M1 Apple Chip.

Besides having the Apple Protection Plan expired on each Mac Book Pro Laptops 2017 (that means any single damage that will happen to our current Mac Book Pro Laptop 2017, it will cost us lots of money to

repair), I am also try to find a real scenario example that will explain the reason to upgrade of our Mac Laptop Year 2017 to the new Apple Chip M1.

What are the benefits of the M1 Apple Chip? I am not looking for faster, performance, etc. I am more looking for reasons such as (for example) moving forward Applications on Mac OS won't run anymore on Mac Book Pro with Intel Chip. Something like that. Example, I just noticed when I download Google Chrome for mac OS, now I have 2 different versions: Intel Chip vs Apple Chip. Again these are just examples.

I am just trying to build my case.

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:48 AM

If you have to run Windows on your Macs, Windows will not run on the M1 Macs. So there is a reason to not transition yet. You should look at all your apps to ensure they will run on the M1.

1 reply

From Mac Book Pro 2017 to Mac Book with Apple Chip M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.