You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't access iphone to remove watch

My replaced my iphone because I can no longer access my older phone. The screen is constantly ghosting and with no abiity to access apps or even sign on. It flips between the camera and the emergancy call. I need to unpair my watch so I can pair it to the new phone. I have reset the watch, removed it from my iCloud account however it keeps appearing because I am signed into the watch. I can't see to unpair the watch without the old phone. Any suggestion.

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 3:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Sorry to hear that! Yes, you can unpair your watch without your phone.

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. 
  2. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep your cellular plan since you intend to repair it with your new phone.
  3. Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.

You can then set it up with your new phone and choose to restore from backup. Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2021 4:43 PM in response to francylle

Sorry to hear that! Yes, you can unpair your watch without your phone.

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. 
  2. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep your cellular plan since you intend to repair it with your new phone.
  3. Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.

You can then set it up with your new phone and choose to restore from backup. Good luck!

can't access iphone to remove watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.