You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic updates

How can I get my iPad Pro to update apps automatically? Auto update is enabled and there is plenty of storage but I have to manually update all the time. This has been happening for months.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:44 AM

If enabled, an automatic update will not necessarily occur as soon as an update is released - but will only be triggered when a subsequent push-notification of an update is received from Apple. This may occur many days (or in some cases some weeks) after realease of an update.

Having received the update notification from Apple, the update will only occur whilst the iPad is Locked, connected to its Power Adapter and has a WiFi connection. If all these conditions are met, the update will procede automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2021 9:44 AM in response to Flashbacksister

If enabled, an automatic update will not necessarily occur as soon as an update is released - but will only be triggered when a subsequent push-notification of an update is received from Apple. This may occur many days (or in some cases some weeks) after realease of an update.

Having received the update notification from Apple, the update will only occur whilst the iPad is Locked, connected to its Power Adapter and has a WiFi connection. If all these conditions are met, the update will procede automatically.

Automatic updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.