You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.2.3 Update Too Fast?

I know this sounds silly, but I installed the lastest update on my 2020 M1 Macbook Pro 13". I have a 3Mbps connection and I left it alone for about an hour near my 300N wireless router and not connected by a cable. I checked About this Mac and under System Report and the right version number displays. I know that Big Sur allows for faster updates, but is it supposed to be that fast? Is there a possibility that my computer isn't updated? It was a 3 gig update.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 12:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 2:06 AM

The Latest Publicly Released versions of Big Sur was somewhere around March 8, 2021 macOS 11.2.3 (20D91). To verify About this Mac and where you see Bug Sur and below that Version Should read 11.2.3 - to see build Number click 11.2.3 and it should read (20D91).

On personal note - just received base model MBA M1 arrived with Big Sur 11.1 yesterday and update to 11.2.3 within 7 minutes over Wifi with DSL 50 MB Download and 10 MB Upload. Expecting pure Fine connection in April this year - flying speeds.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2021 2:06 AM in response to Fruitworm

The Latest Publicly Released versions of Big Sur was somewhere around March 8, 2021 macOS 11.2.3 (20D91). To verify About this Mac and where you see Bug Sur and below that Version Should read 11.2.3 - to see build Number click 11.2.3 and it should read (20D91).

On personal note - just received base model MBA M1 arrived with Big Sur 11.1 yesterday and update to 11.2.3 within 7 minutes over Wifi with DSL 50 MB Download and 10 MB Upload. Expecting pure Fine connection in April this year - flying speeds.

Big Sur 11.2.3 Update Too Fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.