You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirror Macbook M1 screen to old iMac using Airplay?

Can I use Airplay to mirror Macbook Air M1 screen on my old iMac mid-2011? And then hook another HDMI monitor up directly to the MacBook? I know Macbook M1 only supports one external display and this would be an easy way for me to have two large displays in my desktop setup without using the DisplayLink workaround. Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 6:13 AM

5 replies

Mar 20, 2021 9:27 AM in response to trent171

No on the Firestick. If you use an Apple TV (a much more able device than a simple Firestick) then you can use AirPlay but I'm 99% positive it will not work on a Firestick. If you have a TV that support AirPlay 2 then you could use that. You need to research the TV you have to see if it supports AirPlay 2 or you can visit https://www.apple.com/airplay/ to research.

Mirror Macbook M1 screen to old iMac using Airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.