You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent columns from sliding under column 1 in Numbers

Hi,

I have made a 3 column grocery list in numbers with

column 1 to the far left has a number for each row,

column 2 has check boxes, and

column 3 is about an 1 1/2” wide that has particular items typed into it.

This grocery list is displayed and filled out on my iPhone X. The problem is that when I zoom in on this grocery list, column 2 and 3 slide underneath column 1. The ‘freeze’ options for the columns do nothing.

My question is: how can I prevent columns 2 and 3 from sliding under column 1?

Thanks.

Keith

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Thanks. What I did was unfreeze all the columns and rows on my iPhone and I got no more sliding under the first column... or sliding under the headers. I made the same changes to a duplicate file on my iMac and it worked the same. Yey!

2 replies

Mar 20, 2021 7:48 PM in response to soehnk

You are asking this in the Numbers for Mac forum. On the Mac version, "freezing" is only an option for header rows and columns. If you were on a Mac I would say column 1 of your table is a header column and is frozen and you need to unfreeze it. I do not use the iOS version but I expect it to be the same.

Prevent columns from sliding under column 1 in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.