You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manual setup problem

My sister is a novice user. After connecting her iPad 8th gen to her WiFi during manual setup, the keyboard changes from English to a foreign language. Is it possible to skip setup and go directly to Home Screen and settings so I can tell her how to change the language? She does not have a computer or smart phone and is home bound. She lives 900 miles from me so I can’t actually see what is going on.

iPad

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 3:37 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 21, 2021 12:36 PM in response to ckuan

This did not work. She tried several times. She selected the language and country/region, selected her wifi network, and then the keyboard changed to a different language so she cannot enter the wifi password. When she depresses any key, it cycles through the language choices and tells her to press home to open, and repeats this in a loop.

Oh my.

Mar 21, 2021 5:27 PM in response to ckuan

Ckuan- Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately, my sister is homebound and does not have transportation except for medical purposes. She does not have access to any device to do any of the actions you suggest or to take it anywhere for assistance. She will try to get through to Apple phone support tomorrow. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll just have to figure out a way to return it to Target where I ordered it online last week.

Manual setup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.