You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Trade-in

Can I go to a apple location and purchase a new MacBook and trade my previous one in?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 12:34 AM

About Apple Trade-in:

"Trading in your device is as easy as buying a new one. We’ll give you a prepaid trade-in kit or shipping label to send it off. Or you can bring it to an Apple Store. We’ll either give you instant credit toward the purchase of a new product or send your device on to our recyclers."

Find an Apple Store near you

For more info and FAQs

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in?afid=p238%7Cs4wibFo6O-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_505334414310_pgrid_80259604234_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand--slid---product-

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2021 12:34 AM in response to Dutchezz

About Apple Trade-in:

"Trading in your device is as easy as buying a new one. We’ll give you a prepaid trade-in kit or shipping label to send it off. Or you can bring it to an Apple Store. We’ll either give you instant credit toward the purchase of a new product or send your device on to our recyclers."

Find an Apple Store near you

For more info and FAQs

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in?afid=p238%7Cs4wibFo6O-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_505334414310_pgrid_80259604234_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand--slid---product-

Apr 16, 2021 10:53 AM in response to Dutchezz

I would also prefer to trade in my laptop in store. During the pandemic when my local store was closed, I used the online mail in trade in process. Apple farms out this trade in process to Phobio, and rather than the very fundamental questions asked on line on the Apple site, Phobio claimed that my old computer was worth much less in trade in and asked if I accepted their offer. I did not because I knew that the computer did not have the supposed defect that they claimed. I had them send it back to me - triple checked for the supposed defect, which of course did not exist, and sold it to another third party dealer I trusted that gave me more than Phobio's offer (roughly one and a half times more). I also complained to Apple that I would not do their online trade-ins any more but only trade in if they assessed the computer right there in the store. That way, if I am not satisfied, I can walk out with my computer and either sell it or donate it to charity. There have been decent articles about the numerous complaints about Phobio doing the exact same thing of claiming defects and offering a much, much lower trade in value. Do not trust any mail in third party assessment.

MacBook Trade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.