You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthdays in calendar - contact removed

I have a birthday reminder I don’t wish to see. As well as removing that person’s birthday, I then deleted the contact.

however after a couple of years, new phone, many restarts etc, that birthday reminder remains.

any ideas please?

Tony.

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 2:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 5:09 AM

Thank you for your response. It is in my contacts birthdays. But as I said, I have deleted the contact.

I turned off the contacts birthdays. The entry goes, but if I then turn contact calendar birthdays back on it re-appears, despite the removal of the contact entry some time ago.

You have helped me, I found this was in a Gmail contact list which I had ticked, the entry was in Gmail back up of my contacts [which I probably do not need these days as icloud backup seems very reliable]

Thank you.

Tony

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2021 5:09 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your response. It is in my contacts birthdays. But as I said, I have deleted the contact.

I turned off the contacts birthdays. The entry goes, but if I then turn contact calendar birthdays back on it re-appears, despite the removal of the contact entry some time ago.

You have helped me, I found this was in a Gmail contact list which I had ticked, the entry was in Gmail back up of my contacts [which I probably do not need these days as icloud backup seems very reliable]

Thank you.

Tony

Birthdays in calendar - contact removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.