You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two software instruments from two separate tracks are played at the same time on my midi keyboard ?

Halfway through a project using Logic Pro X. I added a new software instrument track. The new track now plays track #1 as well as the newly created instrument track. In addition, track #1 record enable can not be turned off any longer. My work-around is move everything off track #1 and mute the track. This is the second (new) project that has the same issue. Using Akai Max49. Nothing in the manuals about "MIDI local" options. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 4:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:14 AM

Thanks Eddie G. The Track Inspector showed only one instrument playing on each separate track. Your question got me poking around the manuals and found that in the Recording Preferences, there is button to Recording Setup. This setup window has an option to toggle Auto remix to a single track for multi-track recording. Checking this option has eliminated the perceived problem I struggled with one instrument recording and Input playing on multiple tracks.

Being new to Logic, I'm still not sure what toggles the behavior as I have several projects that do not voice one instrument on multiple tracks and the Auto remix button is not checked. I can see that more manual time is calling. Thanks again for responding.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2021 6:14 AM in response to EddieGrey

Thanks Eddie G. The Track Inspector showed only one instrument playing on each separate track. Your question got me poking around the manuals and found that in the Recording Preferences, there is button to Recording Setup. This setup window has an option to toggle Auto remix to a single track for multi-track recording. Checking this option has eliminated the perceived problem I struggled with one instrument recording and Input playing on multiple tracks.

Being new to Logic, I'm still not sure what toggles the behavior as I have several projects that do not voice one instrument on multiple tracks and the Auto remix button is not checked. I can see that more manual time is calling. Thanks again for responding.

Two software instruments from two separate tracks are played at the same time on my midi keyboard ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.