You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload Quicktime movie to facebook.

When I try to upload a Quicktime movie HD720p.mov (270.9 MB), to facebook, it keeps "posting" indefinitely. My speed test is 19.56 upload and 1.31 download. What's the problem?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 11:14 AM

Thanks, but these articles weren't helpful. They don't address my problem. When I go to facebook and choose the Quicktime movie (which is an approved format), to post, facebook tries to post it, but never does. The word "posting" flashes repeatedly, apparently forever, as I've left it overnight. Still flashing in the morning. Any suggestions?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2021 11:14 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Thanks, but these articles weren't helpful. They don't address my problem. When I go to facebook and choose the Quicktime movie (which is an approved format), to post, facebook tries to post it, but never does. The word "posting" flashes repeatedly, apparently forever, as I've left it overnight. Still flashing in the morning. Any suggestions?

Mar 24, 2021 7:59 AM in response to Captainhook22

Hello Captainhook22,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you want to upload a Quicktime move to Facebook and are running into issues. We would recommend taking a look at the following support article to share videos to Facebook:

Share to YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo from Apple video apps - Apple Support

You can also take a look at this Facebook help document for more information on uploading:

What video file formats can I upload on Facebook?

Best regards.

How to upload Quicktime movie to facebook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.