You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone explain why my Icloud storage is full but Icloud drive is empty? I have no other files and sync is off

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 9:57 AM

The following may help you identify what is using the storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 23, 2021 12:43 PM in response to FoxFifth

I use an Ipad, I solved the problem by going to (a) settings, (b) tap "your name" at the top of the settings menu, (c) tap "Icloud" on the menu on the left, (d) tap "manage storage", (e) tap the item which contains the files to be deleted, "documents, apple books etc, (f) tap delete data, or documents and data. That cleared out my Icloud folder. I had only ebooks in Icloud which I had completely deleted online as windows explorer on my PC refused to delete any (apparently another MS snafu). My Ipad however continued to show my Icloud as almost full. I had never saved any documents, photos etc in Icloud, only ebooks, however my Ipad continued to report my Icloud folder as almost full. On following the steps above I was able to delete 4.8gb of documents which I had never put in Icloud!

Can anyone explain why my Icloud storage is full but Icloud drive is empty? I have no other files and sync is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.