You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini setup issue

I just bought the new M1 Mac Mini along with a Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac, I’m trying to set up the Mac mini but I can’t get the mouse to work. I was originally told that for initial setup I could use the mouse wired because I wouldn’t be able to set up wireless connections yet but even plugged in it does nothing. Am I able to use this mouse for the initial set up or do I have to buy a separate wired mouse just for setup?

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:27 AM

I did not have any bluetooth pairing issues for the Keyboard and the Mouse. In my example, both of the bluetooth devices are Apple. Try turning the mouse OFF and leaving it OFF until the Mac Mini boots up to the login screen. Then turn it ON and see whether it can be discovered and connected in bluetooth preferences.

You attempted to pair the mouse to the Mac Mini in System Preferences ➔ Bluetooth, correct?

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2021 7:27 AM in response to Joeyh890

I did not have any bluetooth pairing issues for the Keyboard and the Mouse. In my example, both of the bluetooth devices are Apple. Try turning the mouse OFF and leaving it OFF until the Mac Mini boots up to the login screen. Then turn it ON and see whether it can be discovered and connected in bluetooth preferences.

You attempted to pair the mouse to the Mac Mini in System Preferences ➔ Bluetooth, correct?

Axel F.

Mac mini setup issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.