You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Huge Folder of Music to iTunes from multiple Albums...

Hi, I want to add a huge folder of Instrumental HipHop tracks that I've collected from various sources, all from different albums, EP's and releases so when I add them to iTunes I want them to stay together in the same digital 'album' so I can sort the tagging and details, then move them to whichever album I wish.

I'm thinking I might need to change the preferences to 'Keep iTunes Folder Organised' but I want to be sure that all the tracks will stay in one folder/album ready to be edited.

Has anyone else done this? Can anyone else walk me through please...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 2:36 PM

You can turn off Keep organized..., and/or Copy to... if you want to add media and not have it reorganized according to its metadata, however as far as iTunes is concerned the file paths aren't relevant and it will only look at the metadata. You can put all of this import into a playlist so you can keep track of it all in one place whatever updates you make. If you really want a set of content to appear as a single album provide a common album artist and album title.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2021 2:36 PM in response to darko316

You can turn off Keep organized..., and/or Copy to... if you want to add media and not have it reorganized according to its metadata, however as far as iTunes is concerned the file paths aren't relevant and it will only look at the metadata. You can put all of this import into a playlist so you can keep track of it all in one place whatever updates you make. If you really want a set of content to appear as a single album provide a common album artist and album title.

tt2

Adding Huge Folder of Music to iTunes from multiple Albums...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.