You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not update Whatsapp

Dear All,

Thank you in advance, helping me with this issue.

My Old iPhome gave a message to update a number of apps, including WhatsApp.

When I follow it to the AppStore, click Update, the following message comes to appears:- (Cannot Update App..WhatsApp Messenger cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID)

Knowing that the WA application was free, and I can not remember or which Apple ID as I have changed it 3 times not intentionally.

Thanks for your time.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 3:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 9:37 AM

There's a difference between Apple IDs and Apple ID accounts. An Apple ID is basically an email address and you can change your email address on a single account. However, if you set up multiple accounts you are actually using different accounts each with its own Apple ID. Items purchased with one account cannot be updated on a device signed in under a different account. You have to re-download the app under that account after having first deleting the app set up under the old account (doing so may result in loss of settings).

So it depends upon what you actually changed.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2021 9:37 AM in response to seham211

There's a difference between Apple IDs and Apple ID accounts. An Apple ID is basically an email address and you can change your email address on a single account. However, if you set up multiple accounts you are actually using different accounts each with its own Apple ID. Items purchased with one account cannot be updated on a device signed in under a different account. You have to re-download the app under that account after having first deleting the app set up under the old account (doing so may result in loss of settings).

So it depends upon what you actually changed.

I can not update Whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.