You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't watch videos

Ever since upgrading to Big Sur my 2015 Macbook Pro can't read videos, except from youtube. Every other video service site and even videos on my drive hard won't play barely at all. Sometime audio can play. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 12:24 PM

What player are you using? Quicktime? There a couple of things that come to mind: (not really in order) first, check what video format are you using on the videos that you have already saved on your hard drive. Second, update the Adobe Flash player and make sure you have Javascript enabled. Third, if using Safari, check the Website tab (under Safari preferences) and make sure you don't have the websites blocked from certain features. Fourth, you may need to check any Safari extensions that you may have added in the past.

Let me know what happens and if I can help some more.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2021 12:24 PM in response to heizersr

What player are you using? Quicktime? There a couple of things that come to mind: (not really in order) first, check what video format are you using on the videos that you have already saved on your hard drive. Second, update the Adobe Flash player and make sure you have Javascript enabled. Third, if using Safari, check the Website tab (under Safari preferences) and make sure you don't have the websites blocked from certain features. Fourth, you may need to check any Safari extensions that you may have added in the past.

Let me know what happens and if I can help some more.

Can't watch videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.