You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo library - is it connected or not?

My photos manager says i am running low on storage. When i select "manage" it tells me to run on iCloud photo library in my Apple id settings. When i go to those settings it says its already on.

I really dont want to lose all my photos or mess this up.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:47 PM

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, then see the'Save space on your devices' section in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you want to have a backup under your control you can copy the photos from your iPhone to a computer. See:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and then (if you are really paranoid) copy them from your computer to a thumb drive if you wish.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Grexeira

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, then see the'Save space on your devices' section in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you want to have a backup under your control you can copy the photos from your iPhone to a computer. See:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and then (if you are really paranoid) copy them from your computer to a thumb drive if you wish.

iCloud Photo library - is it connected or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.