You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorry something went wrong . . .

When asking Siri to action a device through Home, via iPad, iPhone or Homepods, in this instance a Smart plug from Meross I get a response from Siri

”Sorry something went wrong. Shortcuts says “Could not run Light 1 off”

This action requires an app to be installed.”

the weird thing is I have an exact same smart plug in the same room name Light 2 and that work fine every time!

any suggestions please?

HomePod, 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 4:12 AM

Not had chance to talk to support yet. Reviewing everything again last night, and noticed one VERY SMALL difference in Homekit, and the Meross App.

Light 2 and light 1.

I changed light 1 to be Light 1. Adding the capital letter L. It worked first time on voice command from 3 different HomePods, an iphone and iPad.

Really, can it be this simple?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2021 4:12 AM in response to melissa_m77

Not had chance to talk to support yet. Reviewing everything again last night, and noticed one VERY SMALL difference in Homekit, and the Meross App.

Light 2 and light 1.

I changed light 1 to be Light 1. Adding the capital letter L. It worked first time on voice command from 3 different HomePods, an iphone and iPad.

Really, can it be this simple?

Mar 27, 2021 5:26 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks but none of that thread worked.

Again I have two Smart Plugs in the same room, Light 1 and Light 2, both Meross devices. Light 2 will work no problem with any iPad, iPhone or any of the Homepods in the house. Light 1 will not work when asked to turn off or on.

I have changed the Meross device for another device i case it was that, renamed it to something different, deleted it and re added on HomeKit and the Meross app, and it does not work!

ironically it works fine with Amazon Alexa with not issues at all

Sorry something went wrong . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.