You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to backup a MacBook Pro step by step?

how to backup a MacBook Pro step by step

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 6:07 PM

You have 2 options:

I do have an old Time Capsule and I use Time Machine for an emergency and for convenience (it's just easy), but when I need to reinstall everything, I use the the good old command C command V for the data, and for the macOS and apps I do install them from zero, not recovering from backup. That's my way of keeping distance from old system files and settings that can give me a hard time, you know.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2021 6:07 PM in response to jimenav

You have 2 options:

I do have an old Time Capsule and I use Time Machine for an emergency and for convenience (it's just easy), but when I need to reinstall everything, I use the the good old command C command V for the data, and for the macOS and apps I do install them from zero, not recovering from backup. That's my way of keeping distance from old system files and settings that can give me a hard time, you know.

How to backup a MacBook Pro step by step?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.