You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop files not being saved to downloads (or anywhere) on brand new macbook pro.

Hi there!

Got a brand new macbook pro a few weeks ago and have done every update available, but I'm having an issue with AirDrop files not showing up in my downloads or anywhere else. When I airdrop a photo, for instance, from my phone to my laptop, the alert shows and I can open the file, but it doesn't go to downloads or elsewhere. Even when I search the name of the file it doesn't show up anywhere. What can I do to fix this? It's incredibly frustrating.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:49 AM

hi ! thanks for the response, however the photos are not ending up in my photos app either.

2 replies

AirDrop files not being saved to downloads (or anywhere) on brand new macbook pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.